The purpose of our work as an exemplar is to support the development of the Green Deal industry and ensure that skilled workers are available to deliver real energy efficiency gains and significant measurable reductions in carbon emissions.
The Green Deal Skills Alliance is DECC’s approved partnership for the development of Green Deal advice, assessment and installation workforce and has been personally endorsed by Greg Barker MP. A formation of AssetSkills, CITB-ConstructionSkills and SummitSkills, the Sector Skills Council represents industry sectors, and has been awarded funding by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills to prepare for the Green Deal.
As a Green Deal Skills Examplar, the partnership with YESprojects will use the funding to:
• Develop supply chains
• Conduct supply chain skills audits
• Develop supply chain training plans
• Establish training frameworks and support training delivery
• Provide consultancy on necessary qualifications and accreditation
• Facilitate inclusion of local SMEs/ employment
• Promote as exemplars through PR, events and case studies
• Access funding (subject to availability)
To maximise opportunities under the Green Deal, and to access skills funding, you must join the Green Deal Consortia. It is a free listing and will be used by YESprojects to deliver the Green Deal Plans to customers UK-wide.